Jessica Rabbit is one of, if not, the hottest cartoon character to ever have graced our movie screens. Her appearance in “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”, basically made that movie an instant classic. This was long before HD, or even DVD player’s, Jessica Rabbit was introduced to the kid’s of the 80′s, when VCR’s and the term “Be Kind and Rewind” for videotapes was a common term. Her long silky hair, raspy voice and voluptuous hips not only made Roger Rabbit’s eyes bulge out of his sockets, any male that watched most likely looked the same. It has been two decades since our first introduction to Jessica, but her legacy remains and here are 5 reasons why Jessica Rabbit is still hotter than ever. Too bad she has a thing for rabbits.
In the 80′s to have curves was to have a curse, remember these were the days of Kate Moss.
If you haven’t already noticed Owls are taking over the Internet, they have somehow become the new bacon or cats. This latest trend has me screaming “YAY”, cause owls are amazing creatures that have awesome expressions which can play tricks on the eye, like this lil’ fellow who looks like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.
Featured in the 80′s Masters of the Universe Franchise, He-Man is the alter ego of Prince Adam. The Sorceress of the Castle of Greyskull on the Planet of Eternia, who when given his sword and saying the words “For the Power of Greyskull”, he would transform from a Prince into the He-Man we came to know. His known nemesis is Skeletor whom He-Man would defend the realm of Eternia and the secrets of Greyskull.
He-Man Unknown Facts:
* The Origin of He-Man came about due to a failed launch of action figures for the film Star Wars, due to time constraints another action figure needed to be created and therefore, He-Man was developed and marketed.
* In 1980 a lawsuit was brought to Mattel claiming He-Man was a replica of Conan the Barbarian, this lawsuit was won by Mattel retaining the rights for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
* Prince Adam had a cowardly pet tiger named Cringer, but when transformed into He-Man, he also transformed Cringer into a brave green tiger known as Battle Cat.
* He-Man began as a mini-comic; with the difference of a shared Power Sword with nemesis Skeletor and that he was a Barbarian.
* The Sorceress who gave He-Man his powers spoke to him telepathically.
As the population increases, our amount of livable space decreases, just ask anyone living in NYC. Crampy apartments don’t have to make for uncomfortable living, just a touch of creativity can do the trick. Like this cupboard that has a double purpose; it is also a table with chairs.
2012 has made its way onto our calendars so what better way to ring in the New Year than to catch up on the past 100 years and in 10 minutes no less. Clearly a lot has happened from 1911 to 2011 and if you are not familiar with all that has taken place throughout the world, here is an awesome video that is much like cliffnotes, only faster.
This compilation masters History class since it quickly shows what happened in what year and in what place worldwide, so catch up or become knowledgeable about how we came to be today with what probably took many days and nights to create this video, a masterful archive of our Global History.
Those who grew up in the 80s are likely well-aware of this Steven Spielberg-written coming-of-age classic. Director Richard Donner made the story a combination of kids’ movie with enough adult elements to make it a success. While it did not break box office records, it will always be regarded as a fun representation of what the 80s did for teen- and pre-teen-cinema.