Whether you’re searching for Sasquatch, Nessie, aliens or Dracula, your pursuit will not be easy. Many of these creatures have eluded the grasp of the most seasoned and determined monster hunters for centuries. However, with online communication and education, universities with online programs are helping tech-savvy paranormal hunters discover a whole world of available resources to help them track, identify, record, photograph, and capture the big one. Here are a few:
- Academy of Art University- No matter how great your find, in order to assure you aren’t dismissed as a kook, you need a photograph. Not just one of those black and white, hazy, and out-of-focus pictures, either. Technology has made photos crisper and clearer than ever, but the general populace has become more critical as well. In order to get the best picture of your furry, scaled, or winged beastie, you can’t do much better than the Academy of Art University, which has offered online bachelor’s degree courses since 2003. The courses are recorded and accessible online, so you don’t necessarily have to change your nocturnal schedule in order to keep up with courses. Perhaps of extra importance to monster hunters, the programs are accredited by multiple registration boards, offering that extra bit of credibility that is so important to those operating on the fringes of society.
- OSU Online Chemistry Courses – Oregon State University offers an excellent tool to paranormal hunters by providing complete college-level chemistry courses online. Sadly, there is still not much money in monster hunting, but OSU Ecampus online courses charge the same tuition and fee rates to in-state and out-of-state students. The classes are structured toward students majoring in practical physical sciences, such as; pharmacy, chemical, biological, and environmental disciplines. All important facets to keep in mind when tracking notoriously elusive creatures about which little is known. Remember, a scientific, logical mind is essential when tracking mysterious figures, and scientific studies can help identify patterns of behavior and weaknesses in Bigfoot, Nessie et. al.
- Cleveland State University – Anyone who knows about monsters will tell you they often hide in the most unlikely places. The midwest, for instance, is a hot-bed of monster activity. Cleveland is well known for it’s medical facilities, and based in the heart of the midwest, Cleveland State University offers monster hunters valuable tools in nursing, health and related clinical science programs. With twenty-five online courses in health sciences, a monster hunter could learn a lot about healing the sick, while utilizing newfound scientific knowledge to pinpoint the best methods to take down Sasquatch.
- Google Maps – Google Maps is of course, not a class, per se, but it is a valuable tool for finding Sasquatch or anything else that goes bump in the night. Area 51, for instance, may be blocked off from visitors and investigators, but a map of all of New Mexico sure helps in pinpointing the exact location. Monster hunters would be foolish to not take advantage of this resource.
Finally, after learning how to track, capture, and document the discovery of unknown beasts, most monster hunters are going to want to share their victory with a skeptical world. For this, it is recommended to try:
5. A Geek’s Guide to Promoting Yourself and Your Online Business in 140 Characters or Less. This free Ebook from Geekpreneur teaches individuals how to make the most of social media to promote one’s business, ideas, or oneself. Utilizing social media can ensure that the world knows the truth all the faster. After all, the masses are just waiting to learn the truth about sasquatch and friends, and you don’t want to make them wait one minute longer than necessary. A well-phrased tweet will ease their minds and pique their interest.
The truth may be out there, but the monster groupies could soon be on your doorstep. Good luck in your online ventures, and happy hunting!