21Apr

Fresh on the back of the Double-Double Down is more KFC Double Down madness. These remind me of the Long John Silver’s Deep-fried Bottom of the Sea Wrap, Arby’s Every Animal on the Farm Sandwich or the McDonald’s Big McSausage Egg Surf & Turf Mac.

First up is the McKFC Double Up or Double Over from Reid at eHamOnRye. It’s your favorite sandwich from McDonald’s the classic Big Mac with a KFC Double Downs thrown in the middle for good measure.

Next up we have the KFC Quad Down from RalphabetSoup. Image eating 2 of the Double Downs stacked one on each other. That would be 1020 calories, 64 grams of fat and 2225 milligrams of sodium (or nearly 2 times your recommended daily intake).

From the minds at Serious Eats comes the delicious looking Homemade Double Down. Starting with chicken breasts soaked overnight in buttermilk and seasoned with black pepper, fresh garlic, and paprika, then deep-fried in peanut oil. The bacon is thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, the cheese is a layer of grated pepper Jack and the sauce is a mix of mayo, ketchup, fresh garlic, paprika, and a dash of Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Sounds and looks amazing to me. Head over to their site to see more drool inducing photos.

Lastly we bring you the wise use of the classic KFC biscuit for a Biscuit Double-Down Sandwich from Q at Brand Eating. For only $1 more he brings the Double Down into much needed territory with the always delicious, buttery biscuit. Hats off for him to thinking of this. It’s truly inspired. I’m sure KFC will take note and add it to the menu shortly. This one leaves me saying…”Why didn’t I think of that?

UPDATE: I’ve found a few other Double Down homebrews that are making me hungry, especially that Buffalo Double Down.

staringispolite’s Double-Double Down homage (In-N-Out 2×2 & KFC Double Down)

sonofdisaster’s Buffalo Double Down (KFC Double Down with Buffalo Chicken)

chrshidefkim’s Double Down to the Second Power (2 KFC Double Downs with lettuce, tomato and bun)

DMZilla’s McDonald’s Southern Style Double Cheese Apple Pie Burger (McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger, Southern Chicken Filet & Apple Pie)

lg’s Double-Double Down homage (In-N-Out 2×2 & KFC Double Down)

torchio’s Twice Doubled Down (2 Stacked KFC Double Downs)

kamikazeemcee’s McDouble McChicken Double Down (KFC Double Down between McDonald’s McDouble & McChicken Sandwich)

AteBitVegan’s Vegan Double Down (vegan “chicken”, vegan “mozzarella” and SmartBacon)

stuka’s Vegetarian Double Down (your guess is as good as mine)

…and JeffKlinger showing us the proper way to eat a KFC Double Down

• Carroll says:

Not to knock anyone… but KFC is one of my fav foods… but I only eat it about every 3 or 4 months… but I love KFC! And to top it off… most of the stuff above looks GREAT TO ME!

• Marcel says:

I'm not buying that. But it makes hungry!!.

• Chemix says:

Your math is wrong on the Quad Down. That is 2 Double Downs stacked on top of each other, with an additional layer of bacon and cheese in the middle, not 4 Double Downs stacked. The nutritional facts on that are wrong, too. It would be a little more than 2 Double Downs (1080+ Calories, etc. not 2140.) Elementary math is a ***** sometimes…

• Robert says:

I hate fads… this site sucks… your content sucks.. bye…

• WTF says:

I'm tired of people knocking the Double Down so badly. Go check the *real* nutritional facts, not the sensationalist media crap. The nutritional facts for a double down include both pieces of chicken, the bacon, cheese and sauce, and it's still only 540 calories and a big 53 grams of protein (compare that to a Big Mac – also 540 calories but a measly 25 grams of protein, with WAY more carbs)

Get your facts straight before you subscribe to sensationalist crap.

• Jon says:

That is true…only 540 calories with 53 grams of protein. However, it also has 32 grams of fat (10 saturated fat; 0.5 trans fat) and 1320 grams of sodium. So, while it does give you more than the daily recommended amount of protein, it also gives you:

27% daily recommended amount of calories

49% daily recommended amount of (total) fat

50% daily recommended amount of saturated fat

48% daily recommended amount of cholesterol

57% daily recommended amount of sodium

All of that in one (fairly small) sandwich. So, basically, if you ate this and wanted to not exceed your recommended daily values, you could probably have a foot long sub from Subway (with no extra meat, no cheese, and no mayo or mayo-based sauce), with a serving or two of fruit. I am not sure about you, but two sandwiches a day would leave me pretty hungry (especially since almost everything served at KFC lacks fiber which helps curb hunger).

So I may have one double down just to say I tried it. However, I will be sure to run an extra half hour to make up for it.

• Planecrash says:

What is this world coming to?

• Brinn says:

It was only a matter of time yet I'm disappointed not to see a combo of the double down and Luther burger on that list. Take the double down, stick a burger in the middle and two krispy kremes on the outside. I call it the Luther Double Double Down Burger.

• Astin says:

People who are so sedentary they sit at their computers for hours and don't notice they have heart burn, sweat gravy, and are so well insulated they need a desk fan when typing Digg comments.

• Jess says:

I couldn't finish the movie to gross, but wouldn't you kill an animal to feed your family? We are just privileged enough to choose what we are able to put inside our bodies, most people over the world don't have that ability. I do not like how the meat processing industry is run, but its feeding our family's right now.

• Conor says:

The people over at des——.com have been doing this shit for months.

• Josh says:

Like Conor said, Destructoid has been Double Downing stuff way better than this for months. We have the Double Downing down to a science.

• Mike says:

Thanks to Jeff Klinger, we all now know that whatever's not safe for us to eat we should just feed to the homeless. How sweet.

• Sandra says:

You all need to watch this film:

FOOD INC.

How an entire nation cannot take their OWN HEALTH and the health of their children seriously is beyond me. You may think it's cheaper to eat utter garbage like fast food, but in the long run, your medical bills will be far beyond that of a strict, healthy organic diet.

The best way to change the world is by starting with something you do every day- making healthy eating choices. You will look and feel much better within weeks of cutting out this trash entirely from your diet. In the 70s most people in this country was trim and slim, now look around…people waddle out of gas stations with soda pops and donuts in hand.

Wake up America!